In 2013, I had the best muesli of my life in Bermuda. Since then, I've been trying to recreate it. I think I've finally come as close as possible, and wanted to document that recipe.
- 1/2 cup rolled old fashioned oats (I generally use Quaker)
- 1/2 cup oat milk (I use Planet Oat original)
- 1/4 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt (Food Lion brand)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (NOT table syrup, real maple)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (Penzey's is GREAT for this)
That's the base. Things that I've added or want to try:
- Frozen slices of strawberries
- Golden raisins (that's what they had in Bermuda)
- Apple slices (again, what they had in Bermuda)
- Place all base ingredients into a mason jar and mix well.
- Add the extra ingredients and mix again (just with a spoon)
- Put lid or cling film on mason jar, leave in fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 4 days
- If thinning is needed, add a little oat milk